MY HOME ACTIVITY
Andrea and Paula are the language assistants this year at La Roureda Primary School in Sant Esteve Sesrovires (Barcelona). They work in the 3rd grade class.
This kind of activities are done in order to improve the oral fluency in English and also to practice the vocabulary previously learnt in a determinate context.
- Improve comprehension and expression in oral English language.
- Work the oral competence in English language (vocabulary, pronunciation, rhythm, intonation, structures…).
- Reinforce contents of the English lessons.
o New: Bookcase, cupboard, sofa, television, chair, door, table, carpet, in, on, under and behind.
o Review: cat, dog, fish, mouse and bird.
STRUCTURES: Where´s the mouse? It’s under the
- Previously, the contents have been introduced to students during the previous lessons. Apart from that, the teacher introduces the activity making an example of how they will work during the lesson.
- The teacher coordinates the activity.
- The class is divided into three groups (two for the language assistants and one more for the teacher).
- After that, the groups work on the activity by their own and with the help of the LA/teacher.
- Finally, the activity is presented to the rest of the class.
In this activity, students need a picture of a living room and some pictures of animals that will be put somewhere in the living room.
The activity will take place for 40 minutes.
· - 10 min, introduction.
· - 10 min, preparation of material.
· - 10 min, practicing dialogues in pairs.
· - 10 min, showing activities to mates.
Once the activity has been introduced to students, they cut out and stick the animals somewhere in the living room. Later, they need to practice in pairs the structures with which they are going to have the information from the other, or give the information to the other.
Finally, once the pronunciation, intonation and rhythm have been corrected by the language assistants or the teacher, they act it out.
ASSESSMENTThe students' assessment will be always positive. But also we keep in mind if:
- Children enjoyed the activities.
- The time and level were appropriated to develop the activity successfully.
- The language assistants felt comfortable developing the activity.
Thanks Andrea and Paula!